Tuesday, March 1, 2011

LEGO Star Wars #7913 Clone Trooper Battle Pack Review

Theme: Star Wars
Name: Clone Trooper Battle Pack
S/N: #7913
Year: 2011
Pieces: 85
Minifig: 4
Price: RM89.90, SGD30.90, USD11.99, GBP9.99


Box
Finally the new sets have hit the shore of Malaysia, and since the main reviewer of the blog do not own this set yet, I do the review first. So the front are just plain box art that seduce you to buy the set, name of the set are shown at the front as well. The top side of the box shown the actual minifig scale while the back shown the name of each Clone Trooper and of course another box art.

bx
bx1 bx2

Content
There two bags of very well sealed brick, an instruction booklet and one piece of brick which is on the loose (finally I manage to play with this set T.T)

cntnt ib

To build your own speeder bike, please visit HERE.

Accessories
Now to the weapons or accessories, we got a few blasters and I think everyone is looking forward for the new shorter blaster or pistol blaster that goes very well with the Mandalorian or even Cad Bane. So we get a new weapon supply from this set which I think is not bad at all although I prefer the old one more than the new one in this set.

wpns

Minifigs
I shall say all the minifigs are new which three of them are newly printed and I very much welcome ARF Trooper which I wish TLG will made them one day, maybe we should wait for more variation? Anyway below are the pictures of the minifigs:

mf
mf1 mf2 mf3

And yes, both side of their torso are printed while the Clone Commander (which I think he is) and Bomb Squad Trooper got additional printing which is their leg although more printing means more flaws but I just have to accept them. Under the helmet are the normal Clone Trooper face that we get back then, they are just the same.
 
Speeder Bike
I think compare to most of the speeder bike that TLG has ever release, this version is the second best (yes, I like the one in the Clone Turbo Tank more although I like this one very much too). Below are the pictures of the speeder bike taken from different angle:

sb
sb1 sb2 sb3 sb4

And here's a picture where my favorite ARF Trooper posing with the speeder bike:

sb6

Extra piece
Now to the extra part, it left only a droid arm after I've done assembling everything which shown that this set actually do not give you much of a small pieces.
ep
Completed model
I think this set looks good and for those fans of Clone Wars, this set is a must have although there is no playability but the minifigs (although I found that Bomb Squad Trooper are vety irritating) and the speeder bike are very suitable to build your army.

cmpltn

Playability: 4/10 I think is all in the assembling process (that is what I can think of)
Design: 8/10 Nice speeder bike which can add into your army.
Price: 6/10 The price are getting more attractive here but still pricey.
Overall: 6/10 I think is really an army building set but please give other trooper instead of Bomb Squad Trooper

No comments: